Saturday, February 4, 2017

Random Thought for Saturday...

I sat down at my PC this morning to do the usual. You know - check the e-mail, read some news, visit web sites I follow and check the Facebook.

After logging in to the PC, you know what the very first thing I see is?

A pop up box in the lower right hand corner of my Windows 10 PC that says "ready for the Superbowl? Do you have enough snacks?"

So now the PC is pushing notices to consume junk food?  Really?

A year ago I would not have given that a second thought. But seven months into this journey, I'm almost hyper-aware of how we are constantly bombarded with advertising suggesting that we consume crappy food that may taste good up from but will just be converted to fat if you are lucky and convert to fat and make you feel bad three hours later.

Where's the positive take away here. Stay strong and stay with you healthy choices. Don't consume just because "the man" is pushing it on you. Consumerism is a lifestyle choice, but it is a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment